17 December 2007

Tag: Christmas Meme (And: Who Wants To Be My Friend?)

I've been tagged by HR Wench so now I need to answer some questions about Christmas.

The Rules
  • Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog
  • Share Christmas facts about yourself
  • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs
  • Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
The Meme

1. Wrapping or gift bags?
I usually do the packing at my parents' house 30 minutes before the gift distribution so I have to use what's left (my parents don't buy bags).

2. Real or artificial tree?
No tree at all. Artificial looks stupid and real makes too much of a mess. My parents happily stopped buying a tree as soon as my brother and I refused to do the decorating.

3. When do you put up the tree?
The what?

4. When do you take the tree down?
About 15 years ago for the last time.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I never had any, but Stephen Colbert enjoyed it on his show in huge quantities last year. So It must be good.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Money to buy my first bass guitar (although it wasn't at Christmas and I was a teenager).

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Nope, but I have a Matrix scene all year long with Morpheus, Trinity, Neo and Tank. And also a Star Wars scene with figures from Kinder Schokolade eggs.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A pair of socks and some milk chocolate (the most boring kind).

9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I hate writing cards so I don't do it.

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
The Long Kiss Goodnight with Samuel L. Jackson and Geena Davis. Closely followed by Die Hard 1.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I try to "gift pool" so somebody else does the shopping. When it doesn't work it's usually 2 hours before the shops close.

12. Favorite things to eat at Christmas?
Whatever my brother cooks. Every year he treats us with fantastic dishes we never ate before.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Stop it already with the stupid tree questions.

14. Favorite Christmas song?
Idlechatter's punk-rock version of "Frosty The Snowman". And the Roten Rosen album "Warten Auf's Christkind".

I'm Tagging

I should tag 7 random people, but I hate harassing innocent bystanders. And since I work in HR, I have very few friends by definition. So I'll only tag 3 people:

Deb at 8 Hours & A Lunch and my HR blogging heroines Evil HR Lady and Ask A Manager.

Do You Want To Be My Friend?

I have currently 4 slots left for people who want to be my friends. Just post a link to your meme in the comments and I'll retroactively tag you ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Stephen Colbert. I'm hoping I get his book and DVD for Christmas.

You're right - working in HR makes it hard to have friends at work. That is why I just talk to my Napoleon Dynamite statue all day.

PS You should post some pictures of your Matrix Scene! :)

Happy Employee said...

Wenchie, you're the first woman who ever asked to see my collection of stupid little figures ;-)